Experienced Reno Trust and Estates Lawyer Protects Your Hard-Earned Assets
Uniquely skilled to address complex trust and estate matters
Understanding the many details of trust and estate laws can be overwhelming. To ensure that your best interests are protected, turn to an experienced Reno trust and estates attorney for strategic guidance. At the office of J. Douglas Clark Attorney at Law, Ltd., we are committed to helping clients find peace of mind. With 36 years of experience, J. Douglas Clark offers carefully planned strategies to protect your estate and your family’s future.
Comprehensive, reliable representation
As a former bank trust officer, J. Douglas Clark has extensive experience and can easily identify and execute innovative legal strategies to address a wide range of trust and estate issues, including:
- Estate taxes. Limiting the impact estate taxes have on the value of your assets is an important step in providing financial security for your loved ones. We offer reliable advice on a wide range of legal options designed to minimize estate taxes and maximize the value passed on to your loved ones.
- Living trusts. Placing your assets into a living trust offers many benefits, including saving money, helping loved ones avoid probate and ensuring the privacy of your estate. Our Reno trust and estate lawyer creates and administers living trusts that fit your needs.
- Living wills. Also known as an advance directive or health care power of attorney, a living will conveys your wishes regarding end-of-life medical care. Completing a living will far in advance of its need may save your loved ones from having to make difficult decisions. We offer the compassionate and informative guidance you need to create a living will that clearly conveys your wishes.
- Probate. The legal process following the loss of a loved one, known as probate, requires a significant amount of effort and attention. Managing the varying details involved in the probate process can be difficult, especially when dealing with the grief of your loss. J. Douglas Clark and his experienced paralegal, Kathi Lutsch, skillfully shoulder the burden of the probate process, allowing you to focus on your emotional well-being.
- Trust and Probate litigation. Disputes involving trusts or probates, commonly known as trust and estate litigation, are often emotionally charged issues. Resolving trust, probate, and will disputes quickly and effectively is important for your family’s finances and well-being. We offer assertive yet compassionate guidance throughout litigation proceedings.
- Will drafting and execution. The importance of drafting an effective will cannot be overstated. Individuals who pass away intestate, or without a will, leave much to chance and offer little protection for assets and loved ones’ financial future. Trust us to create the most effective and comprehensive will possible for you.
- Mediation. In the event a dispute arises over a trust or estate, the services of an experienced mediator may assist in resolving the issues between the parties, before going to court. J. Douglas Clark, with his experience as a Nevada Supreme Court Settlement Judge, will conduct a mediation that may result in a substantial savings of time and money to all involved.
Schedule a free personal consultation with Mr. Clark
At the office of J. Douglas Clark, Attorney at Law, Ltd., you will meet personally with Mr. Clark and will gain the benefit of more than 36 years of legal experience to address your particular concerns. Contact us online, or call 775-324-7822 to schedule a free initial consultation. Serving Reno and all of Northern Nevada.